Hammertoe Correction System
- The Vector™ Hammertoe Correction System is a Proximal Interphalangeal Joint Arthrodesis system with two notable innovations. First, it uses the highly advanced interbody fusion material, PEEK-OPTIMA® HA Enhanced (Hydroxyapatite). Second, it is the first lower extremity implant to be Structurally Encoded for Unique Device Identification (UDI) with a patented tantalum structural encoded identifier.
- By utilizing the PEEK-OPTIMA® HA Enhanced compound, the device system takes advantage of the material’s osteoconductive properties that promote bidirectional bone healing and improved fixation without introducing material-related bio-incompatibility reactions.
- A standard retrograde technique can be performed that allows for direct drilling and placement of the implant.
- The Vector™ Hammertoe Correction System achieves a press fit between the implant and the bone due to a controlled, precisely drilled cavity. The modulus of elasticity closely matches actual bone, the PEEK -OPTIMA® HA Enhanced better promotes boney on-growth and healing over prior devices.
- The precise instrumentation in The Vector™ Hammertoe Correction System promotes the ease of insertion and preparation further improving the success of the procedure.