The Trigon® Stand – Alone Wedge Fixation System for use in both Evans and Cotton Osteotomies offers correction and superior fixation without the need for plating.
- The Trigon® also offers a 3-D printed medical grade titanium alloy (TI-6AI-4V) featuring an anatomic design with a three-dimensional scaffold imitating cancellous bone allowing for blood, bone integration and a biologic additive if desired.
- Both wedge designs offer integrated screws to maintain implant stability and fusion.
- The wedge will be the second lower extremity implant to be Structurally Encoded for Unique Device Identification (UDI) with a patented tantalum structural encoded identifier.
- The wedge uses the highly advanced interbody fusion material, PEEK-OPTIMA® HA Enhanced compound (Hydroxyapatite).
- By utilizing the PEEK-OPTIMA® HA Enhanced compound, the device system takes advantage of the material’s osteoconductive properties that promote bidirectional bone healing and improved fixation without introducing material-related bio-incompatibility reactions.
- The smooth back surface design reduces soft tissue irritation in addition to being leveled to the osteotomy site without the need for additional plate fixation.
- The wedges are available in multiple sizes and footprints addressing unpredictable anatomical circumstances providing a precise and reliable correction.
- The ergonomic instrumentation allows for accurate insertion and precise screw placement.